UC San Diego’s Sixth College will celebrate its 10th Anniversary with a special guest appearance from Conan O’Brien, host of the late night talk show, "Conan." Sixth College will also be renamed "Conan O’Brien College" for the day of O’Brien’s appearance, April 20, 2012.
- Sport Sciences - Jun 18 Penn's 2013 Home Football Game Times Announced
- Careers - Jun 18 U.S. economy: Steady as she goes
- Medicine - Jun 18 Timely treatment after stroke is crucial, UCLA researchers report
- Life Sciences - Jun 18 FACULTY HONOR: Bassler elected associate member of European Molecular Biology Organization
- Life Sciences - Jun 18 For some, it matters who’s donating an organ, blood
- Astronomy - Jun 18 Scripps Alumna Selected as a NASA Astronaut Candidate
- Environmental Sciences - Jun 18 Devonian Botanic Garden wins environmental award
- Physics - Jun 18 Dawn Bonnell Appointed Vice Provost for Research at Penn
- Environmental Sciences - Jun 18 U-M researcher and colleagues predict possible record- setting Gulf of Mexico ’dead zone’
- Medicine - Jun 18 School of Nursing clinic fights spread of TB on L.A.’s skid row
- Computer Science - Jun 18 UC San Diego Researchers Get Access to Open Science Grid
- Literature - Jun 18 The verdict on tiger- parenting? Studies point to poor mental health
UC San Diego’s Sixth College Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Special Guest Conan O’Brien
The University of California, San Diego’s Sixth College will celebrate its 10th Anniversary with a special guest appearance from Conan O’Brien, host of the late night talk show, "Conan." Sixth College will also be renamed "Conan O’Brien College" for the day of O’Brien’s appearance, April 20, 2012, according to Sixth College Provost Dan Donoghue.
Founded on the principles of culture, art and technology, Sixth College welcomed its first incoming class of 285 students in 2002. Ten years later, Sixth College’s number of students has grown faster than any other college on campus. Sixth College plans to mark its 10th anniversary with events including a special film screening, chocolate festival, student performances and more.
"We are all thrilled that Conan O’Brien will be joining us to celebrate the 10th anniversary of UC San Diego’s Sixth College," said Donoghue. "With this special appearance by a true American celebrity, all Sixth College students, faculty and staff will have the opportunity to celebrate our college theme of culture, art and technology with humor."
O’Brien has firmly established himself as an entertainer in the late night comedy scene. A Harvard graduate, O’Brien’s writing credits include "Saturday Night Live" and the "The Simpsons." From 1993 to 2009 O’Brien was host of the Emmy award-winning "Late Night" on NBC. After leaving NBC in 2010, O’Brien began hosting his current talk show, "Conan," which premiered Nov. 8th, 2010 on TBS. O’Brien will be speaking April 20 at "A Night with Conan O’Brien"--a ticketed event exclusively for Sixth College students, staff, faculty and alumni.
Sixth College 10th anniversary events that are open to the public include:
- Spirit of the Masters, 5 to 8 p.m., April 17, Price Center Ballroom East≠≠--Timeless masterpieces will be brought to life by the creativity of Sixth College students. Guided tours will be included.
- Kuncocshun, 4 to 8 p.m., April 27, Price Center Ballroom East--Sixth College celebrates culture, art and technology with this college festival supporting student creativity and expression. This annual event will have live music and hands-on activities.
- Chocolate Festival, noon to 4 p.m., May 4, Sixth College Campus--The Sixth College Chocolate Festival has been a spring quarter tradition since 2004. The event attracts more than 600 guests from across the university. The annual festival includes chocolate fountains, lots of sweet and savory dipping items, music, prizes, music and activities for all ages.
Sixth College is a part of UC San Diego’s six-college system that provides students with many of the advantages of a small liberal arts college plus the opportunities and resources of a large research university.
Tickets are available for students, staff and alumni of Sixth College. on "A Night with Conan O’Brien," go to: http://sixth.ucsd.edu/ .
Sixth College at UCSD
College system at UCSD
Last job offers
- Social Sciences - 19.6
Visiting Assistant Professor - School of Social Work and Business Administration (F1300045)
- Media Sciences - 18.6
Political Science - Assistant or Associate Professor (AA3475)
- Medicine - 18.6
Asst / Assoc / Prof / Clin / Ten
- Business - 15.6
Assistant / Associate/Professor of Marketing
- Media Sciences - 15.6
Assistant Professor - Contractually Limited Appointment
- Psychology - 14.6
Psyschiatry & Behavioral Sciences - Assistant Professor WOT (AA3473)
- Medicine - 14.6
Neurology - Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor WOT (AA3474)
- Pedagogy - 14.6
Assistant Professor in Curriculum, Assessment and Literacy