MINNEAPOLIS / ST. PAUL (03/21/2012) —Summer opportunities for youth of all ages will be showcased at the second annual North Minneapolis Summer Resource Fair from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 7 at the University of Minnesota Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center (UROC) in North Minneapolis.
- Business - May 24 Zahn Prize Competition gives undergraduates the opportunity, mentoring to launch startups
- Business - May 24 Women donate less to charity than men in some contexts
- Life Sciences - May 24 Driving and hands- free talking lead to spike in errors
- Life Sciences - May 24 Two researchers named Shaw scientists
- Arts - May 24 Gold shovels dig into another transformative building at Stanford
- Administration - May 24 Gov. Dayton signs into law request by U of M to fund tuition freeze, enhance critical research
- Life Sciences - May 24 Copper on the Brain
- Business - May 24 UAlberta leaders to receive province’s highest honour
- Medicine - May 23 The art of holistic health care
- Literature - May 23 Stanford scholar sheds light on Greek immigrant’s rags-to- riches story
- Literature - May 23 Stanford Classics in Theater brings the mishaps and mania of Euripides’ The Cyclops to Hollywood
- Life Sciences - May 23 UCLA live- tweets surgery to implant brain pacemaker while patient strums guitar
U of M's UROC hosts family-focused Summer Resource Fair Saturday, Apr. 7
21 March 2012
The event will feature activities ranging from sports to performing arts, small business and animal care, offered to young people by more than 20 local organizations, including Junior Entrepreneurs of Minnesota, Lundstrum Center for Performing Arts, Minnesota Children’s Museum, Sumner Library and Venture North. Representatives and volunteers from all organizations will be on hand with scholarship, registration and general information.
“It’s sometimes difficult for parents with limited time to research summer opportunities for their children, to track down what scholarship opportunities are available and how and when to sign up,” says Makeda Zulu-Gillespie, UROC’s community liaison. “UROC’s resource fair is a way for parents and their children to browse options and set up a plan for summer all in one place.”
The event is free and open to the public and will feature refreshments and live entertainment by Jasir “Ja Boogie” Johnson.
The Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center, located at 2001 Plymouth Avenue N. in Minneapolis, is an initiative of the university’s Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Administration, UMN System. UROC links the university in vital public partnership with urban communities to advance learning, improve quality of life and discover breakthrough solutions to critical urban problems. Visit www.uroc.umn.edu for information.
- © 2009-2012 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
- The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer
- Last modified on March 21, 2012
Last job offers
- Medicine - 25.5
Radiology - Assistant, Assoicate or Full Professor WOT (AA3465)
- Medicine - 25.5
Pediatric Dentistry - Clinical Assistant Professor, salaried (NN0355)
- Medicine - 25.5
Pediatric Dentistry - Clinical Assistant Professor, Dental Pathway (AA3463)
- Pedagogy - 25.5
Asst Professor Management
- Agronomy - 24.5
Assistant Professor of Food Science
- Medicine - 23.5
Medical Oncology - Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor WOT (AA3464)
- Media Sciences - 23.5
Political Science - Assistant or Associate Professor (AA3462)
- Medicine - 22.5