MINNEAPOLIS / ST. PAUL (01/17/2012) —"Steve Sviggum has a long and distinguished record of public service in the Legislature. The announcement that he has been appointed to a senior staff position with the majority caucus in the Minnesota Senate reflects his desire to continue public service to the citizens of Minnesota.
- Administration - 17:05 IT Services program will give UChicago account users options for maximum identity protection
- Arts - 16:06 Royce Hall: A creative den for artists on the rise
- Social Sciences - 16:00 Only big changes can save Social Security Disability Insurance
- Administration - 14:04 Stanford campus has a canine protector
- Astronomy - 13:00 Carnegie Mellon Physicist Shirley Ho Wins Outstanding Young Researcher Award From International Organization of Chinese Physicists and Astronomers
- Agronomy - Jul 24 Adults are more apt than kids to clean their plates
- Life Sciences - Jul 24 Atomic Structure of Key Muscle Component Revealed in Penn Study
- Medicine - Jul 24 Link Between Ritual Circumcision Procedure and Herpes Infection in Infants Examined by Penn Medicine Analysis
- Medicine - Jul 24 Incisionless Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery Associated with Shorter Hospital Stays
- Pedagogy - Jul 24 New York communities join to help teen parents
- Computer Science - Jul 24 Explore connections at SEAS
- Microtechnics - Jul 24 Cross- country solar car race to end at the University of Minnesota on Monday, July 28
Statement from Board of Regents Chair Linda Cohen
The University’s Charter, later codified in the Minnesota Constitution, created the Board of Regents to be an independent, non-partisan governing body that acts strictly in the best interest of the University of Minnesota. The Board has a long history of performing its role with integrity to uphold this principle, and we will continue to do so.
Although the Board’s Code of Ethics does not anticipate this exact circumstance, it is the Board’s duty to evaluate whether Regent Sviggum’s new employment at the Legislature could present a conflict of interest with his obligations as a Regent. The Board will carefully consider this situation under the terms of its Code of Ethics and determine what steps are necessary to take in the best interest of the Board and the University."
- © 2009-2011 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
- The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer
- Last modified on January 17, 2012
Last job offers
- Business - 25.7
Associate Professor/ Professor
- Medicine - 25.7
Assistant Professor- Pediatric Radiology
- Earth Sciences - 24.7
Assistant Professor, Volcanology
- Mathematics - 24.7
Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
- Mathematics - 24.7
Non Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
- Business - 23.7
Fixed-term II (Part-time) Faculty Positions for 2014/2015 Academic Year
- Literature - 23.7
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Visiting Assistant Professor-Creative Writing, Department of English...
- Medicine - 22.7
Asst/Assoc / Professor of Pediatrics (Critical Care)