- Environmental Sciences - Oct 8 New grants will help Minnesota fight invasive pests and plants
- Social Sciences - Oct 8 UChicago helps resurrect leadership program for city’s youth
- Astronomy - Oct 8 Noted astronomer James Houck dies at 74
- Administration - Oct 8 U of’T is top Canadian university, 16th best in the world: U.S. News & World Report
- Sport Sciences - Oct 8 Transforming Toronto: U of’T experts on Blue Jays buzz
- Law - Oct 8 New University of Minnesota Degree Program Will Train the Next Generation of Human Rights Leaders
- Business - Oct 8 Business plan competition raises top prize to $25,000
- Business - Oct 8 Girls Who Code CEO seeks to empower women in tech
- Medicine - Oct 8 A Pediatric Cancer Drug Three Decades in the Making
- Social Sciences - Oct 8 Chancellor’s and Revelle Medalists Announced
- Literature - Oct 8 UC San Diego Artists Play Big Role in ’Without Walls’ Festival
- Life Sciences - Oct 8 Inventors of 3D-printed vascular tissue recognized
Statement from Board of Regents Chair Linda Cohen
MINNEAPOLIS / ST. PAUL (01/17/2012) —"Steve Sviggum has a long and distinguished record of public service in the Legislature. The announcement that he has been appointed to a senior staff position with the majority caucus in the Minnesota Senate reflects his desire to continue public service to the citizens of Minnesota.
The University’s Charter, later codified in the Minnesota Constitution, created the Board of Regents to be an independent, non-partisan governing body that acts strictly in the best interest of the University of Minnesota. The Board has a long history of performing its role with integrity to uphold this principle, and we will continue to do so.
Although the Board’s Code of Ethics does not anticipate this exact circumstance, it is the Board’s duty to evaluate whether Regent Sviggum’s new employment at the Legislature could present a conflict of interest with his obligations as a Regent. The Board will carefully consider this situation under the terms of its Code of Ethics and determine what steps are necessary to take in the best interest of the Board and the University."
- © 2009-2011 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
- The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer
- Last modified on January 17, 2012
Last job offers
- Physics/Materials Science - 9.10
Physics - Assistant or Associate Professor (AA14309)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 9.10
Visiting Clinical Social Worker / Clinical Assistant Professor
- - 8.10
- Mechanical Engineering - 8.10
Industrial & Systems Engineering - Assistant or Associate Professor (AA14338)
- Arts and Design - 8.10
Music - Assistant Professor (AA14357)