MINNEAPOLIS / ST. PAUL (01/17/2012) —"Steve Sviggum has a long and distinguished record of public service in the Legislature. The announcement that he has been appointed to a senior staff position with the majority caucus in the Minnesota Senate reflects his desire to continue public service to the citizens of Minnesota.
- Medicine - Jul 31 Protein that fuels repair of treatment- resistant cancer cells
- Chemistry - Jul 31 New graphene framework bridges gap between traditional capacitors, batteries
- Event - Jul 30 Engineers to announce successful installation of experimental Asian Carp sonic deterrent system at Lock & Dam 8
- Event - Jul 30 FACULTY AWARD: Charikar and Spitkovsky receive Simons Investigators awards
- Life Sciences - Jul 30 Penn Physics/Medicine Receives $2.8 Million Grant for Stroke Research
- Environmental Sciences - Jul 30 Ag business is no longer business as usual, says expert
- Environmental Sciences - Jul 30 Scientists challenge theory on protection of threatened species
- Computer Science - Jul 30 Computer Science and Engineering's Slota awarded Blue Waters graduate fellowship
- Physics - Jul 30 Watching Schrodinger’s cat die
- Medicine - Jul 30 Dissolvable fabric loaded with medicine might offer faster protection against HIV
- Astronomy - Jul 30 Mars rover sets record after logging more than 25 miles
Statement from Board of Regents Chair Linda Cohen
The University’s Charter, later codified in the Minnesota Constitution, created the Board of Regents to be an independent, non-partisan governing body that acts strictly in the best interest of the University of Minnesota. The Board has a long history of performing its role with integrity to uphold this principle, and we will continue to do so.
Although the Board’s Code of Ethics does not anticipate this exact circumstance, it is the Board’s duty to evaluate whether Regent Sviggum’s new employment at the Legislature could present a conflict of interest with his obligations as a Regent. The Board will carefully consider this situation under the terms of its Code of Ethics and determine what steps are necessary to take in the best interest of the Board and the University."
- © 2009-2011 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
- The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer
- Last modified on January 17, 2012
Last job offers
- Arts - 31.7
Professor of Music / Director of Athletic Bands
- Earth Sciences - 30.7
- Medicine - 29.7
Assistant or Associate Professor
- Pedagogy - 29.7
Open Rank Faculty Positions in Quantitative Methods
- Administration - 28.7
- Architecture - 26.7
Associate Professor / Professor
- Architecture - 26.7
Associate Professor/ Professor
- Social Sciences - 26.7
Assistant Professor - Social Neuroscience