- Environmental Sciences - Oct 8 New grants will help Minnesota fight invasive pests and plants
- Social Sciences - Oct 8 UChicago helps resurrect leadership program for city’s youth
- Astronomy - Oct 8 Noted astronomer James Houck dies at 74
- Administration - Oct 8 U of’T is top Canadian university, 16th best in the world: U.S. News & World Report
- Sport Sciences - Oct 8 Transforming Toronto: U of’T experts on Blue Jays buzz
- Law - Oct 8 New University of Minnesota Degree Program Will Train the Next Generation of Human Rights Leaders
- Business - Oct 8 Business plan competition raises top prize to $25,000
- Business - Oct 8 Girls Who Code CEO seeks to empower women in tech
- Medicine - Oct 8 A Pediatric Cancer Drug Three Decades in the Making
- Social Sciences - Oct 8 Chancellor’s and Revelle Medalists Announced
- Literature - Oct 8 UC San Diego Artists Play Big Role in ’Without Walls’ Festival
- Life Sciences - Oct 8 Inventors of 3D-printed vascular tissue recognized
Joint statement from U of M Board of Regents Chair Linda Cohen and university General Counsel Mark Rotenberg
MINNEAPOLIS / ST. PAUL (01/18/2012) —"It is important to clarify media reports relating to Regent Steve Sviggum’s decision to accept a senior staff role with the majority caucus of the Minnesota Senate.
"Regent Sviggum did not discuss the job or consult about it with either the chair or vice chair of the Board of Regents prior to taking the position. Nor did Regent Sviggum discuss taking this position with the university general counsel or seek his advice about doing so.
"The general counsel will be providing legal advice to the board as it considers this situation under the terms of its Code of Ethics and determines what steps are necessary to take in the best interests of the board and the university."
- © 2009-2011 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
- The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer
- Last modified on January 18, 2012
Last job offers
- Physics/Materials Science - 9.10
Physics - Assistant or Associate Professor (AA14309)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 9.10
Visiting Clinical Social Worker / Clinical Assistant Professor
- - 8.10
- Mechanical Engineering - 8.10
Industrial & Systems Engineering - Assistant or Associate Professor (AA14338)
- Arts and Design - 8.10
Music - Assistant Professor (AA14357)