MINNEAPOLIS / ST. PAUL (01/18/2012) —"It is important to clarify media reports relating to Regent Steve Sviggum’s decision to accept a senior staff role with the majority caucus of the Minnesota Senate.
- Business - Oct 21 UChicago annual fundraising reaches record total of $511 million
- Event - Oct 21 Sesquicentennial cheer rings out on campus: '1-5- 0!'
- History - Oct 21 Humanists celebrate 50 years of 'sensational' discourse
- Administration - Oct 21 Cornell scholars discuss lasting effects of WWI
- Arts - Oct 21 Bancroft opens stunning California Captured on Canvas exhibit
- Medicine - Oct 21 In disease outbreak management, flexibility can save lives and money
- Medicine - Oct 21 Hospital mergers and acquisitions leading to increased patient costs
- Arts - Oct 21 Arts and Public Life initiative announces new artists-in- residence
- Life Sciences - Oct 21 New funding to boost mental health research
- Medicine - Oct 21 Ebola: controlling outbreak in West Africa most effective way to decrease international risk, paper says
- Medicine - Oct 21 How action video games bolster sensorimotor skills
- Literature - Oct 21 Stanford scholar reveals French cross- dresser’s role in Oscar Wilde’s legacy
Joint statement from U of M Board of Regents Chair Linda Cohen and university General Counsel Mark Rotenberg
"Regent Sviggum did not discuss the job or consult about it with either the chair or vice chair of the Board of Regents prior to taking the position. Nor did Regent Sviggum discuss taking this position with the university general counsel or seek his advice about doing so.
"The general counsel will be providing legal advice to the board as it considers this situation under the terms of its Code of Ethics and determines what steps are necessary to take in the best interests of the board and the university."
- © 2009-2011 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
- The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer
- Last modified on January 18, 2012
Last job offers
- Astronomy - 21.10
Aeronautics and Astronautics - Assistant or Associate Professor (AA8746)
- Pedagogy - 21.10
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Finance Fall 2015
- Arts - 21.10
Assistant Professor - Popular Music and Media Studies
- Arts - 21.10
Assistant Professor - Ethnomusicology
- Computer Science - 21.10
Asst/Assoc/Prof, Library and Info Scienc
- Medicine - 20.10
Assistant Professor - Breast Surgeon
- Life Sciences - 18.10
Assistant Professor of Cell Biology
- Mathematics - 17.10