|Employer||Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co.KG|
|Published||14 August 2012|
|Workplace||Biberach, Birkendorfer Straße 65, Germany|
|Category||Medicine / Pharmacology|
Boehringer Ingelheim ranks amongst the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. Our vision drives us forward. It helps us to foster value creation through innovation in our company and to look to the future with constantly renewed commitment and ambition.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG in Biberach is the most important research and development site of the worldwide Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation and the company’s centre for biotechnological development and manufacture.
Genomic Biomarker / Pharmacogenomic Expert m/f for CNS and / or Cardiometabolic disea ses
Job ID: 4004 0358 BC 07/12 2
Division: Research & Development
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
Are you seeking a new professional challenge with attractive prospects at a pharmaceutical company which has achieved success at an international level, has been named "best employer" several times and offers you significant freedom for innovative research initiatives?
If so, we can offer you the opportunity to deepen your skills and to advance your professional career in a demanding field of work. You will:
- Develop and support pharmacogenomic biomarker strategies for drug development programs with focus on the therapeutic areas of cardiometabolic and/or CNS diseases in close collaboration with colleagues from research and medici
- Support genetic/genomic biomarker identification and pre-clinical/clinical qualification
- Translate and implement genetic/genomic biomarker analyses in clinical programs
|Requirements|| In this role, you will
- Develop and implement the genomic biomarker strategy as a member of multidisciplinary research and medical teams by assessing the literature/science on genetics of CNS or cardiometabolic diseases disorders and drug responders/non-responders
- Support clinical development by implementation of genomic and pharmacogenetic biomarkers, ensure that procedures and technologies are available (e.g. genotyping, gene expression analysis, transcriptome profiling via NGS, methylation analysis)
- Ensure that assays are developed and validated to fit their purposes, e.g. exploratory studies, decision making, or regulatory compliance and submission
- Contribute to project and trial documentation and regulatory documents
- Manage companion diagnostics programs with respect to genomic biomarkers to ensure regulatory acceptance and timely submission
- Support biosampling (e.g. DNA banking) in clinical trials
- Ensure a high level of quality and regulatory acceptance of genomic biomarker programs
- Collaborate scientifically and operationally with external partners, contract research organisations (CROs), academic institutions and consortia
- Profound scientific knowledge in Molecular Genetics/"Medical Genomics"/Pharmacogenomics
- A strong background in understanding the pathophysiological processes and in the genetics of cardiometabolic and/or CNS diseases and/or genomic factors influencing therapy response
- Research experience from either academia or pharmaceutical industry research, evidenced by a strong publication record
- Scientific knowledge of various genetic/genomic technologies, platforms and assays
- Experience in working in a GxP environment is advantageous
- Experience in high dimensional data analysis of genomic data, ideally experienced in clinical trial methodology/clinical trial data
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationship with internal and external partners, including multidisciplinary teams of Boehringer Ingelheim, academic institutions, consortia and CROs
- Personally you are characterized by your cooperative, team-focused way of working as well as by strong organizational and excellent communication skills. You work effectively with different groups and team members, are goal-oriented, can handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete tasks within the relevant timelines.
The international nature of the task requires excellent English – both spoken and written.
Your ideal qualification
You hold a Ph.D. in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Molecular Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology, or related life science and have gained experience in the fields of pharmacogenomics in CMDR and/or CNS diseases, ideally within the pharma industry.
|We offer|| We offer a competitive salary accompanied by a full range of benefits. Biberach is situated in an attractive area of southern Germany close to the Swiss/Austrian border.
Do you have further questions?
Your contact persons are:
- in the operating department, Dr. Heike Zimdahl-Gelling, phone +49 (0) 73 51 / 54 94 835
- in the personnel department, Eva Spieler, phone +49 (0) 73 51 / 54 97 703
If you are seeking opportunities to expand your professional horizon and your profile corresponds with the criteria above, we look forward to hearing from you.
As a company without barriers we welcome applications from qualified people with disabilities.
We look forward to receiving your online application including a detailed CV and a description of previous research activities - please enter the reference code 4004 0358 BC 07/12 2.
Apply online ( http://bit.ly/Og4YT5 )
?url=www.boehringer-ingelheim.de&module=&id=" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.boehringer-ingelheim.de
|Address||Birkendorfer Straße 65
?url=www.boehringer-ingelheim.de&module=jobs&id=73930" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.boehringer-ingelheim.de|
Warning: this advert is not valid anymore.
In your application, please refer to myScience.us
and reference ID 73930.